- Angleton High School
- Final Exam Exemption Criteria
Final Exam Exemptions - Spring 2021
To reward students who have excellent test scores, grades, and behavior, exam exemptions are offered for grades 9 -12.
Number of Exemptions
- 9th grade students = Earn exemption from 4 exams
- 10th grade students = Earn exemption from 5 exams
- 11th grade students = Earn exemption from 6 exams
- 12th grade students = Earn exemption from ALL exams
*AHS will announce the specific periods that each grade level can exampt on Thursday, May 20, 2021.
- Students enrolled in STAAR tested subjects must make a passing score on the Mock STAAR test and the actual STAAR test in order to be exempt.
- Students enrolled in TSIA classes must make a passing score on TSIA in order to be exempt.
- Students enrolled in CTE courses must earn an industry based certification in order to be exempt.
- Students enrolled in Government or Economics must complete the FAFSA to be exempt.
- Students must have an overall semester 2 average of at least 80 in order to be exempt from courses that are NOT aligned to STAAR, TSIA, certifications, or FAFSA.
*Due to COVID-19, absences will not be considered when determining exemptions for this school year.
- Classes are independent of one another in regards to test scores and grades.
- Students assigned to GSC or CATS after April 1, 2021 cannot be exempt from ANY class.
- ▪ Students must turn in their Chromebook, clear all fines, fees, and return all uniforms/equipment one week prior to the final exam date. (Paper/pencil assessments must be given for all final exams to give us plenty of time to collect and inventory Chromebooks.)
- Students must complete the exam review for each class in order to be exempt.
- Teachers will notify students of exam exemption eligibility by May 21, 2021.
NOTE: Regardless of exemption status, students must attend the attendance accountability period based on the testing bell schedule. Teachers and students will be notified of the attendance accountability period by May 14, 2021. Students must remain in their classroom for the ENTIRE testing period. Students who leave before the testing period is over will be marked truant, and may receive a zero on their final exam.