BUS DRIVERS NEEDED!
AISD Transporation Department still needs drivers for this school year. Drivers earn a beginning rate of $16.98 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours a day. All Extra-Curricular Trips paid at employee hourly rate.
What does it take to be an AISD Driver?
- Pass background check
- Pass Department of Transportation physical and drug test
- Pass Department of Public Safety written tests to acquire Commercial Driver's License
- Successfully complete the 20-hour local training prep program in order to pass the DPS driving assessment
- Pass driving assessment at DPS
- Complete 20-hour bus certification class.
Benefits of being a bus driver include:
- Paid training to obtain CDL
- $250.00 sign on bonus if you have a CDL/$150.00 sign on bonus for those that obtain thier CDL
- Additional pay for extra runs, potentially up to 40 hours is possible if you want to work
- Exceptional Retirement Plan Benefits
- Full-time employees are eligible for Life/Health/Vision/Dental
- Year-round pay. Paid twice monthly, even over the summer!
- Runs are typically split with time in the middle of the day for other interests
Angleton ISD has a critical need for School Bus Drivers!
If you are interested in obtaining more information you can contact the Transportation Office @ 979.864.8011 or you can apply online with Human Resources.