"The Hope for Tomorrow"
The Texas Association of Future Educators or TAFE (pronounced "taffy") is a co-curricular statewide student organization created to allow young men and women an opportunity to explore the teaching profession.
The organization was created in 1984 so that the best and brightest high school and middle school students in Texas would have the opportunity:
- To learn about the teaching profession, its opportunities, responsibilities, and its important role in our democracy.
- To explore their interests and abilities in relation to the various fields of teaching.
- To cultivate the qualities of character, service, and leadership which are essential in good teachers.
- To learn how and where teachers receive their training, the cost, scholarships available, number of years required, certification requirements, and standards.
- To study the lives and influence of great teachers.