Special AISD School Board Meeting
A Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees will be held on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, beginning at 5:30 PM, in the Administration Building Boardroom (1900 N Downing, Angleton, TX 77515).
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ESTABLISHMENT OF A QUORUM
2. CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION AS AUTHORIZED BY THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING SECTIONS 551.071, -072, -073, -074, -076, -082, AND -0821, TO RECEIVE INFORMATION AND DELIBERATE REGARDING THE FOLLOWING:
A. Report of employee resignations/retirements/non-contract terminations
B. Personnel matters involving employees, volunteers or trustees, and recommendations for contract employment action
C. Student information and disciplinary matters
D. Sale, purchase, exchange, lease, donation or value of real property, or prospective gifts to the District
E. Consultation with board's attorney regarding pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or other matters within the duties of attorney-client confidentiality under State Bar rules of professional conduct or any item on the agenda
3. CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION
4. WELCOME - Tommy Gaines, Board President
B. Board of Trustees
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - introduced by Tommy Gaines, Board President
A. Comments on Posted Agenda Items
B. Comments on General Business
7. TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON ITEMS DISCUSSED IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Consider approval of new hires.
B. Consider approval of additional personnel.
C. Consider approval of mask resolution.
D. Discussion of vaccination stipend.
E. Consider approval of Spending Resolution.
F. Consider approval of substitute pay increase.
G. Consider approval of adjusted revenue.
H. Consider approval of school bus purchase.
I. Consider approval of amended ADA accountability time for 2021-2022 school year.
During the course of the meeting, if any discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in executive or closed session as required or permitted by law, the Board will convene in executive session in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.