Angleton High School Advanced Placement Exam Schedule
Week 1 Morning 8am Arrive 7:45 am Afternoon 12pm Arrive 11:45 am Monday, May 2, 2022 United States Government & Politics Chemistry Spanish Literature Tuesday, May 3, 2022 Environmental Science Psychology Wednesday, May 4, 2022 English Literature & Composition (AP English 4 - Seniors only) Computer Science A Thursday, May 5, 2022 Human Geography Seminar Macroeconomics Statistics Friday, May 6, 2022 United States History Art and Design, Drawing Portfolios due Week 2 Morning 8am Arrive 7:45 am Afternoon 12pm Arrive 11:45 am Monday, May 9, 2022 Calculus AB Computer Science Principles Tuesday, May 10, 2022 English Language & Composition (AP English III) Wednesday, May 11, 2022 Spanish Language & Culture- high school students Thursday, May 12, 2022 World History: Modern Physics 1: Algebra-Based Friday, May 13, 2022 Music Theory Week 3 Morning 8am Arrive 7:45 am Afternoon 12 pm Arrive 11:45 am Wednesday, May 18, 2022 English Literature & Composition -(AP English 4-Juniors only) Friday, May 20, 2022 Spanish Language & Composition - AJH 8th grade DLP students Exam Location: AJH
Note: All students participating in Advanced Placement courses are registered to take the AP exam in May. A successful passing score may earn college course hours for your student.
If a student chooses not to take the exam, that student must complete a form with parent signature and notify the school counselor by October 19, 2021 to opt out of the exam. Once the exam order has been placed, the College Board charges a $40 late registration or exam cancellation fee per exam.
Advanced Placement Courses and Information
Advanced Placement courses provide students the opportunity to take challenging college coursework while still in high school. Students will experience college-level work to help prepare them for the academic skills necessary for college, explore course interests, and have the opportunity to earn college hours while still in high school.
Angleton High School offers many Advanced Placement Courses to students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see your child's high school counselor to register.*Dual Language Students will take the AP Spanish Language and Culture exam at Angleton Junior High school in 8th grade.
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP World History: Modern
- AP Human Geography
- AP United States History
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Psychology
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Statistics
- *AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP 2-D Art and Design
Congratulations to all students taking AP this year! You’ve got what it takes to succeed.
AP students, with AP Classroom and AP Daily, you have the tools to help you succeed in your AP course this year. To use the join code your AP teacher gave you to join your class section online in AP Classroom.
Reminder for AP students: The deadline to tell your AP coordinator you're registering for your 2022 AP Exam is October 31, 2021.
Students, by taking an AP course and exam, you can earn college credit, skip introductory courses, and stand out in the admissions process. All AP students should commit to AP Exams this fall.
Reminders for Parents/Guardians of AP Students
If your child is taking an AP course, they have more free support than ever to help them learn throughout the year and prepare for their May AP Exams, where students have the opportunity to earn college credit!
To help your child stay on track:
- Make sure your child uses the join code your AP teacher gives them to join their class section. This will give them access to AP Classroom where they can practice their skills, receive feedback on their progress, and see real AP Exam questions.
- Beginning September 1, AP Daily videos, on-demand lessons led by AP teachers from across the country, will be available in AP Classroom. Along with other free resources, they provide daily support for students. Students can watch them at their own pace on a mobile device or a computer with internet access, and teachers can also include them as part of their curriculum. There will be videos available for most courses.
- Encourage your child to register for their AP Exams in the fall so they have the chance to stand out to college admissions officers and save money on tuition with a qualifying score of three or more.