Dual Language Program
What is the Dual Language Program (DLP)?
- Students are instructed in both Spanish & English.
- Students will receive half of their kinder instruction in Spanish and the other half in English.
- As students move through the grades, they will continue 10 gain Spanish oral language development, as they progress towards reading and writing in Spanish.
- Students will receive a Spanish 1 high school credit at the end of 5th grade.
- Students will receive their Spanish 2 high school credit in 6th grade.
Who is eligible to be in DLP?
- All students enrolling in kinder for Fall 2020.
- If you do not live in Angleton ISO you will need 10 fill out an out of district transfer request from AISD Administration Building.
Will transportation be provided for my child?
- Yes, all students living within the district will be provided with transportation to Westside Elementary.
How do I enroll my child in this program?
At Step 7 in the Kinder online registration process, click on the button titled "Dual Language Program Question" then select " YES" and "Save".
SPOTS FILL UP QUICKLY, SO BE SURE TO REGISTER ASAP! STUDENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.