AISD is dedicated to ensuring all elements of the school day are as safe as possible, and the district has implemented several safety measures for buses as well as entrances and exits into AISD facilities. Students and staff are expected to adhere to the arrival and departure plan to ensure the safety of all Wildcats.
- As a response to COVID-19, AISD encourages all parents/guardians, with the ability to do so, to transport their children to and from school.
- Masks or face coverings shall be worn at all times by any person on an AISD bus.
- All students who ride a bus will have their temperature taken prior to entering the bus.
- All students who enter the bus will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any student who has a temperature or displays COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed on AISD buses.
- Parents need to be prepared if their children are not allowed on the bus.
- Parents will be contacted if their children are not allowed to travel by bus.
- Buses shall be thoroughly cleaned after each bus trip, focusing on high-touch surfaces such as bus seats, steering wheels, knobs, and door handles.
- All drivers and monitors shall have training on COVID-19 symptoms, how to administer proper temperatures, and social distancing. This training shall be required every three weeks.
- Bus seating will be assigned.
- Students at bus stops shall follow all AISD guidelines. This shall include wearing masks and practicing social distancing at bus stops.
1.2 School Start and End Times
1.3 School Entry and Exits
- All schools will have designated entrances/exits. All students and staff will use the designated entrances/exits.
- All staff will be screened and have their temperatures taken upon all entries into the building. Employees who leave and return to a building must have their temperatures taken upon each re-entry unless accompanying students outside (ex. outside learning activity).
- All students will have their temperatures taken upon all entries into the building. Students who leave and return to a building must have their temperatures taken upon each re-entry unless taken outside for a school-related reason.
- Parents need to be prepared to pick up their children as quickly as possible if their children are not allowed into class due to displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- If students display COVID-19 symptoms and are not allowed to attend on-campus school for a period of time, they may participate in online learning during the absence period. While participating in online learning, they will be counted present.
- During the screening process, AISD will not collect specific health information of an individual beyond that they are symptomatic.
- All students will wash or sanitize hands upon all entries into the building.
- No visitors will be allowed into the building unless an appointment is scheduled.
ALL visitors, including AISD personnel, must sign into the building and report directly to where they are attending. No visitors will be allowed in other parts of the building.