COVID-19 Guidance for School Year 2021-2022
Transportation encourages parents/guardians who have the ability to transport their students to do so. This will lower the number of students on a bus and eliminate exposure that comes with placing a large number of students in a confined space which compromises the ability to maintain social distancing.
Transportation has been working to establish Routes so that students receive transportation to and from school in both a safe and an efficient method. Safety for all students on AISD school buses will be developed by establishing rules and protocols through guidance given to date by District, city, state and national leaders
- All visitors must check in with Dispatch
- All employees with Covid-19 leave issues shall follow the AISD Covid-19 leave guidance.
- AISD shall provide a page on the AISD website for information related to personnel issues and COVID-19 regulations. The webpage shall include:
- Family First COVID Related Act information
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave information
- Family Medical Leave Act information
- School Leave information
- All employees who experience any of the conditions of Covid-19 described in this document, shall immediately tell their supervisor. Supervisor shall inform the office of Roberto Munoz.
- Transportation staff will contact campus administration in the event a student demonstrates Covid-19 symptoms.
- Transportation will make all attempts to return student to parent but in the event parents are not available, students will be delivered to their campus and released to a staff member.
- All AISD vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitizer
- All buses will be thoroughly cleaned after each bus trip, focusing on high- touch surfaces such as bus seats, steering wheels, knobs, handrails, windows and door handles.
- All buses will be detail cleaned upon return to the AISD transportation facility.
- Students will be assigned a seat on the bus.
- Students will be seated two students to a seat when possible but may be three to a seat.
We ask that you be patient with us as we establish routines that may change rapidly depending on how many students request transportation.
- Routes will be developed by utilizing Transfinder Routing Software. This software establishes pick up/drop off times and bus stop locations.
- Students at Bus Stops shall follow all AISD guidelines.
- Each student will be assigned a Route.
- Students should use hand sanitizer as they board and exit the bus
- All Elementary buses will begin to arrive on campuses beginning at 7:00 AM.
- All Secondary buses will begin to arrive on campuses at 7:25 AM.
- Students will not be released to the campus administrators before times stated
- Students will need to be released as quickly and safely as possible so routes stay on time, therefore unloading students prior to beginning times may be necessary but students will be monitored by Transportation employees at all times. This will allow the time needed for cleaning before the bus proceeds. Many of our buses carry students from multiple campuses and receive transfer students from other buses to be taken to other campuses. Students will need to be removed and buses sanitized prior to receiving new students.
Student Responsibilities may be added or negated as we continue to receive updates on COVID -19.
- The Transportation Rules are provided online with the registration form and must be completed.
- Students will not be allowed to have food or beverages on the bus.
- Be at stop it in advance. We recommend at least 10 minutes prior to the estimated arrival time.
- Students will not be allowed to ride home with friends. Changing or adding bus routes once assigned will require prior approval from the Transportation Administration.
- All students must register for transportation service.
- All students will be issued a Smart Tag identification card. This must be scanned when loading/unloading the bus.
Angleton ISD Student Code of Conduct
Parents and students should refer to the Student Code of Conduct Handbook for complete guidance on expectations in regards to student conduct and consequences. A handbook may be found on the Students and Families tab on the AISD website.
Transportation Routes can be accessed through Info Finder
The transportation department will assist parents/students with Transportation needs as quickly and efficiently as possible but may require up to 10 business days from request date to provide route service. For all questions and concerns please contact the Department at the main number (979-864-8011). This number does not have a voicemail set up and therefore all calls must be answered.
Contact information may also be found on the AISD Transportation website homepage.