The focus of the counseling program is to help students better understand the world they live in and make better decisions that help them live functional lives. In an effort to achieve this goal, parents/guardians or school staff may refer students for counseling. The student should first be referred to their grade level Counselor before an additional referral to the Mental Health and Behavioral Team is made.
There is no cost for counseling services provided by the district.
Gwendolyn Franks Carter is Angleton High School's Social Worker and Homeless Liason. She holds a Master of Social Work Degree from the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She also holds a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Central Texas (Texas A & M University Central Texas). Ms. Carter has over thirty years experience working with children and families. She has been with the Angleton Independent School District since the 2015-2016 school year. Ms. Carter is licensed as a clinical social worker.
Ms. Carter may be contacted at information-gcarter@
angletonisd.net or by phone at (979)997-7244.
Please visit the NAMI website to find additional information, crisis, and awareness resources.
AISD Mental Health and Behavioral Team
- Tecarro Bowie-District Caseworker
- Gwen Franks Carter, LCSW - High School/PACE
- Christina Cortinas, LPC - Junior High
- Jacqueline Higgins, LPC- Elementary Schools
- Francis Martinez, LMSW-Westside, Frontier, Central
- Doneisha Perkins, MSW-Northside, Southside, Rancho
- Jocelyn Salinas, LBSW- Junior High
- Vanessa Shippard, MSW - Junior High/High School