Swimming, Diving, and Water Polo
2022 AHS Aquatics Itinerary
Welcome to 2022! It's going to be a busy few months for our teams. Please see below for some information and schedules.
- Booster Club meeting Tuesday, January 11th at 6:00pm (at the pool).
- Upcoming meet itinerary
- Brazoswood "Winter Classic" - January 15th PSYCH SHEET
- Holiday Practice - January 17th (7-9am)
- District Champs - January 29th
- Region Champs - February 4th-5th
- Water Polo will begin after the State Championship Meet on Monday, Feb 21st
- If an athlete is in the athletic period, they will participate in water polo.
- If an athlete does not plan to participate in water polo, their parent needs to contact the coach to ensure they are clear for a schedule change to another sport, and discuss what other sport the athlete plans to move into on February 21st.
- Junior High Swim? Go to the AJH Aquatics page here.
We will be at Texas City Tuesday, December 7th with a start time of 6:00pm. The pool is at Mathew Doyle Natatorium, 1900 5th Ave North, Texas City, TX.
Early Bird Invitational at Humble Atascosita High School Pool
Location Atascosita High School, 13300 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX.
Diving: Friday, 10/1/21
SUV leaves the pool at 10:00am
Dive starts at 12:00noon - 2:00pm
Swimming: Saturday, 10/2/21
Bus leaves pool at 6:00am
Warm Up: 8:00am
Meet Starts: 9:15am - 12:30pm
Home by 2:30pm
2021 Gulf Coast Sprintathlon Meet
We had a great meet to open our season. This meet was a learning experience with no team, or individual scoring. It was a chance to open the season with some times and get some experience in a normal swim meet environment.
Look for meet results to show up in your google classroom.
Welcome to the new year. We are looking forward to a great year in Swim, Dive and Polo. See below for some of the information you need for the beginning of the year.
1. All athletes must have a current physical on file with the trainers before school starts. Make sure it was done on the AISD physical form (can be picked up at the High School).
2. All athletes must have completed the "RANK ONE" paperwork for the trainer before school starts. Directions are on this page down the right column.
3. First week = meetings at the pool during the class period only (no swim). 8th period will walk to the pool and get released early enough to catch the bus home, or get picked up at the end of the school day.
4. REQUIRED PARENT MEETING: THURSDAY, AUGUST 19TH @ 6:30PM/@ THE POOL
5. Review the Team Schedule here.
6. Review team expectations here.
Tryouts for the 2021-2022 High School Swim Team will be conducted from March 15 - March 31.
- Athletes will be evaluated and scored on event times, participation, efforts and attitudes.
- Placement is competitive, and athletes must demonstrate competitive drive along with skill in all four strokes, starts and turns.
- No more than twenty four athletes will be placed in either athletic period.
Prospective athletes who are not currently in the program must contact Coach Huffman for evaluation and consideration. Students not currently in the program will not be considered if they have not made arrangements to meet with the coach.
Quite a year we've had! Swimming success is one of perseverance in any year. However, the 2020-2021 swim season was like no other we have experienced. Covid guidelines placed a lot of stressors on all of us. No spectators at the meets, the live feeds wouldn't work, water fountains are off limits, masks, masks, and more masks. Masks on the face, masks on the ground, masks in the pool, masks all around. Wearing your mask while workoing out? It'll be fun they said...Biology teachers teaching how all living things breath, not me you'd say. I'm wearing TWO masks this week. Boys and girls seperated, quarantined, and standing in line for a bathroom. But only if you're lucky, not me, I'm stuck at my house! The great freeze of '21 burst our pipes, caved in our ceilings, and turned of our lights. Who knew Coach Huffman was ever right...life really is 90% chop wood, haul water.
Quite a year we've had! A winning season for both, and the boys go undefeated again. The girl's broke the school record in the 400 free relay, and in diving. The boys broke five school records. All three relays, Aaron's 50 free, and Ryan's 100 breast. Both teams won District for the first time in five years. The girls were a school record 3rd in Region. The boys brought home the first Region Championship in team history. We swam eight events at the State Championship meet in San Antonio and brought back the 4th place team banner! Relationships grew, lifelong friendships were made, we over came!
Yes, quite a year we've had!
2020-2021 Meet Schedule Update (9/8/20)
The meet schedule has been updated based on the latest guidelines from the UIL which do not allow for invitational meets.
Things to note:
-What is on the schedule could change if guidelines from AISD, or the UIL change. If so, we will post changes her, email them through Skyward, and send out a "Remind" announcement.
-We are currently looking for 1-2 additional 11 dive meets and will update the schedule will when find somethnig available.
2021 Swim & Dive Schedule
|September 25, 2021||Gulf Coast Sprintathlon||Angleton ISD Aquatic Center||9:15am|
|October 1, 2021||Early Bird Invitational (Diving)||Humble Atascosita High School||1:00pm|
|October 2, 2021||Early Bird Invitational (Swimming)||Humble Atascosita High School||9:15am|
|October 22, 2021||Surfside Splash Invitational (Dive)||Angleton ISD Aquatic Center, 2 Stadium Drive||5:00pm|
|October 23, 2021||Surfside Splash Invitational (Swimming)||Angleton ISD Aquatic Center||9:45am|
|November 5, 2021 (Sim & Dive)||5A Warrior Invitational (Prelims)||Katy Jordan High School Natatorium||10:00am|
|November 6, 2021||5A Warrior Invitational (Swimming Finals)||Katy Jordan High School Natatorium||10:00am|
|November 18, 2021||Turkey Bowl Invitational (Dive)||Texas City Natatorium||5:30pm|
|November 19, 2021||Turkey Bowl Invitational (Swim)||Texas City Natatorium||9:30am|
|December 7, 2021||Texas City Tri-Meet (Swim)||Texas City Natatorium||6:00pm|
|January 14, 2022||Brazoswood Winter Invitational (Dive)||Brazoswood High School||5:00pm|
|January 15, 2022||Brazoswood Winter Invitational (Swim)||Lake Jackson Recreation Center||9:30am|
|January 29, 2022||UIL District 23-5A Championships||Galena Park ISD Natatorium||TBD|
|February 4, 2022||UIL Region 6-5A Championships (Prelims)||FBISD Don Cook Natatorium||TBD|
|February 5, 2022||UIL Region 6-5A Championships (Finals)||FBISD Don Cook Natatorium||TBD|
|February 18, 2022||UIL Texas State 5A Championships (Prelims)||University of Texas - Austin||TBD|
|February 19, 2022||UIL Texas State 5A Championships (Finals)||University of Texas - Austin||TBD|
|November 5, 2021||5A Warrior Diving Invite||Katy Jordan High School||5:30pm|
Head Swim Coach
Danny Huffman is the head swimming coach for AHS and the Aquatics Coordinator for the district. He has more than 20 years of experience coaching and has been with Angleton for five years. He and his wife, Andrea, have three children, Kennedy, Blake and Austin.
Jeannine Healy is the assistant swimming coach at both AHS and AJH. Healy has 13 years of experience coaching in the district. She teaches 8th grade math at the junior high.
Originally from Mishawaka, Indiana, Healy has four brothers. She also has an adopted family in Texas that includes a sister, niece, nephew, and two grand nephews.