Providing students with hands-on traning and workforce experience.
Angleton ISD’s Career and Technical Education Department’s vision is to support innovative CTE programs that prepare individuals to succeed in their education and careers and poise them to flourish in a global, dynamic economy through leadership, advocacy, and partnerships. We are dedicated to helping graduates prepare for a career field where they will earn a living wage that offers advancement and lifelong learning opportunities.
Career & Technology Education (CTE) has evolved from a limited number of vocational programs available at the turn of the 20th century into a broad system that encompasses a variety of challenging fields in diverse subject areas which are constantly evolving due to the changing global economy. Angleton ISD's CTE Department will ensure that all students have an appropriate public education available to them, emphasizing career and technical education designed to meet their career and college ready goals.
Angleton ISD Career and Technology provides:
- Opportunities for students to complete a coherent sequence of courses that lead to industry certifications
- Career pathways that link secondary and post- secondary education
- Development of internship opportunities for students
- Training and development through CTE programs that will give students skills to have a certification which greatly increases employability in high demand jobs
- By participating in CTE, junior high and high school students will develop competitive 21st century academic and technical skills.
Career & Technology Education
1900 N Downing Rd, Angleton TX, 77515 • 979-864-8000
Career & Technology Education Department Chair