This guidance document is for the 2021-2022 school year. Changes to the public health situation may necessitate changes to this guidance. The health and safety of our students, staff, families, and community is our top priority.
*most recent update: August 4, 2021
Registration & Enrollment
- Online registration for returning students and online enrollment for new students is open at www.angletonisd.net/BackToSchoolHQ.
- All AISD campuses have in-person registration and enrollment opportunities for parents/guardians who do not have access to the online system to register or enroll their children. (More information is available at www.angletonisd.net/BackToSchoolHQ.)
- The district will approve transfer requests in July and notify those parents/guardians about their transfer status starting July 26, 2020.
- Transfer students will not be assigned to schools if that assignment places an undue burden on the school in terms of class enrollment or class size.
AISD has implemented several recommended social distancing and cleaning guidelines for its facilities to ensure a safe learning and work environment for its students and staff. The number of individuals in specific areas will be limited as determined by the space, and social distancing will be followed. Also, the district has enhanced cleaning expectations, including frequency, to maximize safety measures.
- No visitors will be allowed into the building unless an appointment is scheduled.
- ALL visitors must sign into the building and report directly to where they are attending. Visitors will not be allowed in other parts of the building.
- Schools will allow a maximum of 10 visitors per lunch period. Visitors may be required to sit separately with their children away from the general student lunch group. To request to eat lunch with a student, visitors must call the school and schedule an appointment the week of the visit. Standing appointments will not be allowed.
- Juniors and seniors will be allowed to leave campus for lunch at the high school campus.
- No outside food deliveries will be allowed for students.
- Schools may assign seats in the cafeteria.
- Schools may designate and mark hallways for both social distancing and directions.
- Students will follow all hallway guidelines developed by the school.
- After students have left any AISD building, ALL spaces will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- All restrooms will be cleaned regularly.
- All lunch rooms, auditoriums, locker rooms, weight rooms, and hallway areas will be cleaned regularly.
Angleton ISD will only offer on-campus, in-person instruction. The district will not offer a remote learning option. (Students who have received traditional homebound services will still have access to homebound services.)
Angleton ISD’s number one priority is the health and safety of its students, staff, families, and community.
*All students and staff may be tested for free during school hours at a campus.