Children eligible for enrollment in pre-K must be at least 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2020 and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Is limited English proficient OR
- Qualifies for Free/Reduced Lunch Program based on total family income as set forth by Federal Guidelines OR
- Is classified as homeless OR
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States (DOD photo identification is required) or is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who as injured or killed while serving on active duty OR
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code OR
- Currently is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code § 262.01.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record -all dates must be complete with month/day/year
- Child's Social Security Card
- Picture ID of the parent/guardian enrolling child
- Proof of Residency -water or light bill (MUST HAVE UPON ENROLLMENT)
FOR PRE-K REGISTRATION: Also provide proof of income for the entire household. Food Stamp Certification documents will be accepted.
INCOME ELIGIBILTY GUIDELINES FOR PRE-KINDERGARTEN 2020-2021
Source: Federal Register / Vol.85 , No.55 / March 20, 2020 / Notices