Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Welcome to the Angleton ISD Urgent News Update Center, a dedicated space on our district website designed to keep parents, staff, and the entire AISD community informed about the potential effect of the Coronavirus.
We know that you and others may have questions. We have created this centralized hub of updates and links to additional resources, including information about active case numbers in the district and COVID-19 protocols.
This Update Center serves as an ongoing reliable resource for the entire school community, demonstrating proactive and transparent access to critical information. We will continue to update this with news and information as it becomes available. It is our mission to keep you informed on how we are coping with Coronavirus and any other potential health-related or time-critical topics. We hope you'll find it useful.
Updates and Announcements
Practice Social Distancing
To avoid the spread of COVID-19 in our community, practice social distancing:
- Avoid going out in public
- When in public, keep six feet of distance between you and others
- Follow guidance provided by local and state officials.
Get more information at https://texas.gov/covid19
#covid19 #texasstrong #stayhome
Student Services Helpline
Coronavirus information: Angleton ISD follows the guidance and expertise of national and local health officials to help protect our students and staff from all communicable diseases. The District is aware that The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness (COVID-19) caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Families are encouraged to visit CDC website for more information and travel guidance regarding the Coronavirus.
We continue to be in communication with our local partners and stand ready to take all appropriate measures.
As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.