- Westside Elementary
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Reminders
Mornings at Westside Elementary
- All students should arrive at Westside Elementary between 7:00 and 7:40. A student will be counted tardy at 7:40. If your child is a car rider and they need to eat breakfast, they will need to be here by 7:20.
Student Arrival/AM (Car Riders)
- Students can be dropped off at Westside Elementary no earlier than 7:00 each morning. Please wait until a staff member is available before asking your child to exit your car.
- We will unload students under the covered area in the front and on the side of the building. If they exit the car in the front, they will enter the main front doors. If they exit on the side, they will enter the side doors. No parents will be permitted to enter the side of the building. If a parent needs to come in with their child, they must park in the front parking area, enter the front door, and check in at the office.
- Cars will enter campus at the U-driveway closest to Highway 288.
- Please follow the instructions of staff members who are directing traffic.
- Please do not allow your child to stay in the car until you are at the front of the line as this will delay the drop off time for everyone. Older students may exit the car by themselves at the covered area, they don’t need to wait for a staff member to assist them out.
- All parents will drive the entire way through the drop off line. If you unload your child on the side of the building, you will still remain in line and continue the entire way through the line.
School will be dismissed at 3:20 each afternoon.
- Car Riders –
- Students who are being picked up by their parents will be seated in the building and will be called out as your car arrives.
- Parents will enter campus in two lanes. If you have a child in 2nd -5th with NO younger siblings, you will enter the left lane of the drive, if your child is in Kinder & 1st they will be loaded in the right lane. If your Kinder or 1st grader has an older sibling, they will be loaded with them in the right lane as well.
- If your student will be picked up in the car rider line, you will be given a piece of cardstock with pick up information. You must have this cardstock placed in the right side of your front window to pick up your child. If you do not have the cardstock in your window, you will be required to park and come in to check out your child with an ID. We will only release a child to the people on their emergency card. This is for the safety of your child.
- Again, your child’s safety is most important. Please refrain from talking on your cell phone while in the pick-up line.
- Please be alert and follow the directions of staff members on duty.
- Bus Riders – Students who are riding a bus from Westside Elementary will wait in the commons each afternoon. Please contact the AISD transportation department if you have questions about which bus your child will ride. If you have bus questions after 4:00 you will need to call transportation at 864-8011. Westside front office staff doesn’t answer phones after 4:00. The first week of school we will have someone at WS until the last bus drops off. You must get a bus card (ZPass) for your child to ride the bus. As a parent, you may load the app to track when your child will arrive at home. REMEMBER the FIRST week of school takes a lot LONGER for dismissal times, but will improve daily.
- Walkers – A crossing guard will be available from 7:15 – 7:40 and 3:15 – 3:30 to help students crossing Hwy 35 at the traffic light. Please be aware that the amount of time the crossing guard is available is limited and the walking area along Hwy 35 is not ideal. Again, your child’s safety is our priority.
- Bates Park – PARENT PICK UP AT BATES PARK WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Staff members will not be available to supervise student pick up at Bates Park. Please do not ask your child to meet you in the park. Our concern is that numerous things could go wrong and no one would be there to assist your child.
Changes to your child’s pick-up routine – If your child will be going home a different way than normal, please send a note with your child. If you need to make a change once the school day begins, you must call the office by 1:00 that afternoon. Changes will not be made to your child’s pick-up plan without a written note or a phone call.