Return to Headlines

Attention Parents of AHS Students

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

This morning, a fire alarm went off at Angleton High School and the CTE Center. Students and staff were evacuated. There was no fire at either the AHS or CTE buildings. The alarm was triggered by smoke coming from work being done on a water heater in one of the building’s closets.

The evacuation lasted a few minutes until the AISD Maintenance Department cleared the building. Students and staff have returned to their classes and their regular schedules.